Asparagus Herb Soup
What you need:
- 1T olive oil
- 2 leeks, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ cup new potatoes or red potatoes, small diced
- 3 cup vegetable stock (see recipe)
- 2 cup asparagus, trimmed and cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup snow peas, stemmed and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 3T chives, fresh
- 2T parsley
- 1T dill, fresh
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 1T lemon juice
- salt and pepper, tt
- plain greek yogurt to garnish
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat. Add leeks and cook stirring often to keep from browning. About 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for a minute or till fragrant.
- Add the potatoes and the broth to the stockpot and bring to a simmer. Cover and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook till potatoes are tender 10-15 minutes.
- Uncover and bump heat to med-high, stir in asparagus and peas. Simmer for 3 minutes. remove from heat and add fresh herbs. Let them steep for about a minute before blending with an immersion blender. Return to heat and add in coconut milk. As it begins to simmer add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve and garnish with chives and a small dollop of greek yogurt